If you have created a budget and assigned it to a project, you can restrict the employees, activities and expense items that can be used on this project to the ones specified in the budget. You need not assign them to the project again via Project Assignments if you have already created the budget. All you have to do is add the below three rules to your project:
- Restrict expense entries to budgeted expenses
- Restrict time and expenses to budgeted employees
- Restrict time entries to budgeted activities
This achieves the same effect of limiting the employees, activity and expense items on the project, without the need to create project assignments. Check CORE Help Center for details on these project rules
To limit or restrict activity and expense items, and employees on a project using the Project Assignments feature:
- Open the Projects > General > Assignment screen from the side menu.
- Select an option from the Show drop-down and click the relevant add option.
- Select the items on the grid and click Add. All the selected items get assigned to that project. The same applies to the employees.
Now only these assigned items will appear in the drop-down lists of the time and expense entry screens for this project. Check CORE Help Center for details.