User wants to create an invoice for a project phase that has all of its time entries non-billable.
At present, CORE does not support billing a project that is 100% non-billable. Such a project phase won't show up in the Create Batch Invoice screen. However, you can still create a zero-value invoice for that project phase by making all the time entries billable and then applying a discount equal to the invoice amount. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to the Time Entries screen and select all the time entries of the project phase.
- Now click on Actions > Batch Update.
- On the Batch Update dialog, select the Set Billable Flag option and set its value to True.
- Make sure all these time entries have approved status.
- Click Update.
- Now go to the Invoices screen and click Create New > Batch Invoice.
- Select the desired project range including the project phase in question.
- The phase now shows up in the Create Batch Invoice screen with a Net Bill value. Apply a discount to the phase equal in amount to the bill amount so that the Net Bill amount becomes zero.
- You can now bill the phase as a zero-value invoice by selecting its row and clicking Actions > Process as Final.
Note: You can also combine the zero-value phase with other phases to create a joint invoice by clicking Actions > Combine, followed by Actions > Process as Final.