Core allows you to create a list of HR items such as employee journal types and journal status. These lists are then used to create and track employee journals. The Journal feature of Core HR is like an employee diary in which HR managers can record information about any employee-related activities and credentials. Journal entries are intended to assist the supervisors to monitor the behavior of employees at reasonable intervals and keep track of their achievements.
You can create and maintain a list of journal status that can be used to flag employee journals with the relevant status. Some common status include open, closed, pending, etc. You can create any number of journal status and then use them while creating employee journal entries. Click to watch a video on creating employee journals in Core.
Create Journal Status
You should keep the journal status short and meaningful so that it is easy to understand when making employee journal entries. Also, there is no limitation on the number of status that you can create, but we suggest a short list so that it is easier for you to manage. Some of common journal status are:
- Open: to indicate that the journal has not been reviewed yet. The journal is open to additions and changes.
- Closed: to indicate that the journal has been closed and no new entries can be recorded in this journal.
- Pending: to indicate that the journal awaits conclusion or confirmation. Recorded entries can be edited, but no new entries can be recorded.
- Rejected: to indicate that the journal entry has been denied.
- Approved: to indicate that the journal has been given an authoritative approval and is acceptable.
To add a journal status, watch this video or follow these steps:
- Open the Journal Status screen from the side menu > Lists > Human Resources.
- In the list view, click Add and enter the required information in the top row of the grid:
Note: You cannot delete the default journal status.