User is trying to delete a project and its phase, but is unable to delete them.
This might happen because of a few reasons.
- The project has a retainer associated with it, which is why CORE does not allow this deletion. You cannot delete a project if a retainer or other transactions are associated with it. You need to delete the retainer first and any related data, and then delete the project. The same applies to other records in CORE. You need to delete the associated data first and then the main item.
- If you received a message "...the project is already in use", that means the project has invoices or billing schedule associated with it, which need to be deleted before you can delete the project.
- The project is a Main project with sub-phases that need to be deleted first.
- The Project phase has time or expense entries linked to it that need to be deleted before you can delete the phase. The same applies to other records in CORE. You need to delete the associated data first and then the main item.
- You do not have the security permission to delete a project. In this case, ask your CORE administrator to check the security permission Allow delete in your security profile under the Project module to allow you to delete projects and phases.