Yes, you can combine your vacation and sick time into a single personal time off (PTO) item. It can be done this way:
- In Core, under Global Settings > Custom Labels > Company, change the label for both Vacation and Sick to PTO.
- From the main menu > Lists > Activity Items, create an activity item called PTO and set it as non-billable.
- Associate this new PTO activity item with both Sick Time and Vacation Time in Global Settings > Master Information.
- If you have existing time logged against Vacation and Sick activities, then merge the two activity items into a single PTO item (created above). This will allow you to view the PTO as a single item rather than two separate line items on reports, widgets, etc.
- You should use this PTO activity item while logging your personal time off from now on as well as while setting up benefits (Core HR) for the employees.