To create a fixed fee invoice in Core:
- Open the Projects screen from the main menu > Projects.
- Click Create Project and select From Scratch. Check the Core Help for details.
- Enter the required data and set Contract Type as Fixed or Cost + Fixed Fee. Cost Plus fixed fee contracts involves billing clients for direct costs (time and expenses) plus a fixed profit margin. You can set that up here.
- Now create approved time entries against this project.
- Next, on the Invoices screen, click Create New > Batch Invoice.
- Select the fixed fee project from the drop-down to view its billing records.
- On the Create Batch Invoice screen, select the records to bill and process the invoice. Check the Core Help for details.
Typically, a fixed fee project will have a fixed-type invoice template assigned to it and that will be sent to the client.