You can use Core to track employee time and use that information to calculate their earned compensation time.
Follow these steps to calculate the comp time:
- In the Employees screen, in the detail view, go to General > Dates & Hours > Comp Time Details.
- Set the Frequency and Hours. For example: Employee gets compensation time for any time worked over 8 hours daily. In that case, Frequency=Daily and Hours=8.
- Make one time entry for all the compensation time that the employee currently has banked. Use your company's overhead project and a non-billable (but not GEN:COMP) activity item for this entry.
- Run any employee comp time report (Reports screen). You should now see the banked comp time for that employee.
- When the employees use comp time, they should enter the code GEN:COMP for logging that time. This will decrease their banked hours or comp time. You can have negative comp time by using the code GEN:COMP for more hours than you have banked.
Note: GEN:COMP can be replaced by any activity item you want by going to your company menu > Settings > Global Settings > Master Information and selecting the item you want your employees to use.