User wants to know if and how to enter payroll data manually into Core. Also, user wants to see that information on the Profit & Loss report by project.
Core does not handle payroll as of now. The only way to populate payroll expenses in the P&L report is by using the Checks feature to cut the payroll checks manually for your employees and then run the P&L report. To do that:
- Create an activity or expense item for each payroll item you have. Make sure to assign the appropriate payroll Expense Account to it.
- Using the main menu on the left, go to Accounting > Checks and click on the quick add ‘+’ icon on the menu.
- This will take you to the Add Check screen. Use the drop-downs to select the correct Bank Account and Payee. If you need to update the check date and address, you can do so.
- Now on the Items tab, use the drop-downs to select your Project and Item created earlier for this purpose.
- Enter a Quantity and Rate for the item. If needed, select another Expense Account from the drop-down.
- Click Done to save the entry.
- Repeat the steps 4 through 6 as many times as needed for your payroll items. When you have finished, click either Save & Add New or just Save to record the check.
- Next run the Profit & Loss by Project report from the Reports screen to see these expense account transactions.