All my invoices are currently showing the due date same as the invoice date. How do I specify invoice due dates?
The invoice due date is based on the payment term set in Core at the global, client or project level. You can set the payment terms in the following way:
- Open the Global Settings > Billing screen and set the Payment Term there. This setting applies to all your invoices for all the projects.
- You can also set a late fee period after which an interest charge is applied to the outstanding invoice amount. The late fee period can be the same or different than the payment term.
- If you want to set the payment term selectively at the client level, open the Clients screen and select a client on the grid.
- In the detail view, go to the General > Billing Options tab and enter the Term.
- If you want to set the payment term even more selectively at the project level, open the Projects screen and select a project on the grid.
- In the detail view, go to the General > Billing Options tab and enter the Terms and Interest options.
- Save your information.
Core adds a notice of the due date on the invoice. For example, Net 30 term for an invoice dated today displays: “This invoice is due by May 18, 20xx". You can turn on the Overdue column in the Invoices screen and sort by that column. You can also view the aging reports to find out about aged invoices.