If you want to set up Provincial Sales Tax (PST) for certain projects, consider the following recommendations. You might want to link them to QuickBooks.
- PST projects should have their tax settings blank.
- Set up activity items to be used specifically on these projects with the PST and GST filled out.
- (Optional) To ensure that employees only pick the activity and expense items with PST, use project assignments to assign those specific items to projects.
- To make sure taxes are sent separately to QuickBooks, go to Integrations > QuickBooks Online > Sync Settings and select Do not send MST/MET/Item Taxes as a line item to QuickBooks.
- Lastly, create a custom invoice displaying PST.