Core allows you to integrate with Microsoft Power BI. Power BI is a business intelligence service by Microsoft wherein you can track your business analytics and create reports and dashboards on it. It is a powerful tool that connects your various data sources and turns them into meaningful, centralized, visual and interactive insights for your business. You can ingest available Core data through the Core APIs into the Power BI application to generate graphs and reports outside of Core. Check out the Power BI Documentation by Microsoft for details.
To use Power BI with Core, follow these instructions:
- Download Microsoft Power BI from the Download Center and then install it on your computer.
- Open the Power BI Desktop app.
- Browse to the File tab > Get data and click Get data to get started to launch the Get Data dialog,
- Select All or Other on the left and look for BQE Core in the list. If you cannot find BQE Core, check to make sure you are on the latest version of Power BI.
- Click Connect. You are prompted to connect to a third-party service; click Continue.
- On the BQE Core > Core Login dialog, click Sign in.
- You will be prompted to log into Core.
- On the Log In screen, enter your Core Email and Password. Click Login. The BQE Core connector will remember your credentials in the future.
- You are prompted to select your Core company file. Click Grant Permission.
- Next, click Connect on the dialog.
- On the Navigator screen, select a Core module in the Display Options list (say TimeEntry).
- The BQE Core connector is powered by Core Public APIs. You can apply the Where and Expand filters along with the operators to get insights about the relevant data only. Check the available filters and field mappings here: Core API Documentation > API Reference.