Core allows you to integrate with Microsoft Power BI. Power BI is a business intelligence service by Microsoft wherein you can track your business analytics and create reports and dashboards on it. It is a powerful tool that connects your various data sources and turns them into meaningful, centralized, visual and interactive insights for your business. You can ingest available Core data through the Core APIs into the Power BI application to generate graphs and reports outside of Core. Check out the Power BI Documentation by Microsoft and BQE Core markdown file for more details on it.
To use Power BI with Core, follow these instructions:
- Download Microsoft Power BI from their Download Center and then install it on your computer.
- Next, download the BQE Core Power BI Connector.
- Open the Power BI Desktop app and go to File > Options and settings > Options.
- On the Options screen, select Security. Under Data Extensions, enable '(Not Recommended) Allow any extension to load without validation or warning.'
- Click OK and exit the app.
- Go to your Documents folder and look for a Power BI Desktop folder. (If there is none, manually create a folder and name it as Microsoft Power BI Desktop.)
- Within this default Power BI Desktop folder, there should be a folder called Custom Connectors. (If it does not exist, manually create it with this exact name.)
- Copy and paste the downloaded BQEDataConnector.pqx file to this Custom Connectors folder.
- Next, launch Power BI Desktop and go to File > Get data and click the option at the bottom: Get data to get started.
- On the Get Data dialog, select Other on the left and look for BQEDataConnector in the list.
- Select BQEDataConnector (if it does not show up, then it is not saved in the correct Documents folder) and click Connect.
- On the BQE data Connector dialog, click Sign in.
- You will be prompted to log into Core.
- On the Log In screen, enter your Core Email and Password. Click Login.
- You are prompted to select your Core company file. Click Grant Permission.
- Next, click Connect and select a module on the left (say Client). For reference, check out the Core API Documentation > API Reference.
- Look at the Objects to get the fields; if they are filterable, look for  that denotes the field can be expanded.