User wants employees to update projects as they progress through various stages.
This can be done using Custom Fields in Core. To create custom fields:
- From the side menu, open Lists > Custom Fields.
- Click Add Custom Field on the top-right and select the type of field you want to add, such as Drop-down.
- Select the Module you want to add the drop-down to, which would be Activity in this case.
- On the Add Drop-down dialog, provide the drop-down name, field type, and list name to be used if the list is new. You can also select an existing list by selecting 'Choose From Existing.'
- Add activities for employees that they can use to track the progress of their work. For example, if an employee is creating an initial drawing for a client, include 'Initial Drawing' in that list.
- When you have finished, click Save.
After the list has been created, employees can include those custom fields on the detail view of their time entries to be used for reporting purposes. Check Core Help Center for details on using custom fields.