User wants to generate a report (say Project List) grouped by a custom field.
As of now, grouping by custom fields is not available for reports. However, you can use classes to achieve such a grouping. To do so, follow these steps:
- Create classes for your projects in Settings > Display & Formatting > Classes. You need to create as many classes as you have unique values for the custom field. Check CORE Help Center for details.
- Assign classes to your projects based on the value of the custom field they have in the Project Details > General > Billing Options screen under Accounts & Class.
- Now go to the Reports screen and run the Project List report.
- On the Customize Report dialog, select the filters as needed and then go to the Options tab.
- Select Class under Group By and click Continue.
CORE generates the desired report grouped by class. You can also contact our Report Customization Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a new custom report created with your exact requirements.