While setting up a client in Core from the Contacts > Clients screen:
- You are required to set the Display As name for the client. However, you can enter the Client Company and/or Client Name as well.
- If you enter a company name but no client name, the invoices will be addressed to the company name.
- If you enter a company name and a client name, the invoices will be addressed to the client name.
- The Client Address becomes the billing address for all project-related invoicing, unless overwritten at the project level.
- You can also set up the Client Contacts: Primary Contact or a regular Contact. Primary contact is used for communicating with the client.
While setting up a project in Core from the Projects screen:
- You are required to set the Client for the project. This is the client to whom invoices will be sent by default.
- You can set a Billing Contact for the project from a list of client contacts. This is used for communicating with the client on a specific project. However, you can use this contact for billing purposes only after selecting the option 'Send Invoice to Contact'. Invoices and statements will be sent to this Billing Contact for the project instead of the client.
- You can also set the Project Contacts from a list of client, employee or vendor contacts. Project contacts are used for communicating with different people regarding the project at hand.