You can enter vendor credits on the Vendor Credits screen. After that, you can use these credits to pay vendor bills. You can apply vendor credits to the vendor bills in the Bill Payments screen.
To use a vendor credit:
- Open the Bill Payments screen from the main menu > Payables.
- Click Create New and enter the required information.
- On the Create Bill Payments screen, enter the payment details.
- This next step is where you need to show the Credit Used and Credit Available columns. You can do so from the Create Bill Payment screen > More > Show/Hide Columns > Credits Used and Credits Available.
- When these columns are visible, enter the vendor credit amount you want to apply toward a vendor bill. This will reduce your Amount Due.
- You can manually enter the Pay Amount after using the available credits toward the overall payment.
- Click Save.