How to deal with invoice items (time and expenses) that have been billed in advance?
Core handles this scenario via Progress Billing. It is available in the Batch Update screen wherein you get to link those new time and expense entries to the invoice post billing. This process is also called releasing time and expenses. Check Core Help Center for details.
- Go to the main menu > Time and Expenses > Time Entries.
- Select Show: Project and select the appropriate project. You must view the entries by project for this feature to work.
- Now, select the relevant unbilled time entries on the grid and click Actions > Batch Update.
- Here you can attach the time entries to an existing invoice by selecting 'Assign Invoice Number' and then choosing the relevant invoice from the drop-down list. You can also choose whether you want to write down entries or not during this same step.
- You can use the Batch Update feature to mark the selected time entries as billed (set the Set Billed Status Flag to True).
The same thing can be done with the expenses using the Expense Entries > Batch Update feature. Check Core Help Center for details.
Note: You can also mark time and expense entries billed in the Time & Expense Reviewer screen.