How are indirect costs and overheads allocated to projects in Core?
Indirect costs (overheads, etc.) are allocated to projects in Core in the following way:
- Create a service (activity) and an expense item in Core that will be used for indirect costs. Typically, you can use GEN:Admin, OVH:Admin, etc. for the services (time entry) and GEN:Expense, ADMIN:Expense, etc. for the expense tracking.
- Create a client record for your own company, say BQE.
- Create as many projects as needed and then associate them to the client you just created (that is, your company).
- For each project, change the Contract Type to Overhead.
- Start using the service and expense items you created when you log your time and expense entries on any overheads or indirect costs.