Using the Allocation and Forecasting feature in CORE, you can split or divide the entire employee task allocation into multiple weeks and view the distribution accordingly. To do so:
- Open the Allocation & Forecasting screen from the main menu > Projects.
- On the Resource Allocation > Tasks tab, select Show: Resource and choose an employee from the drop-down.
- Click Add and enter the required information in the grid:
- Item, say an activity
- Units, say 210 hours
- Start/End dates, say August 30 to September 21
- Priority, say Medium
- Click Done to save this allocation.
- Now go to the Forecasting tab > Manual View. Keep View By: Project, Interval: Week and Units: Hours. The above allocation populates the grid as Scheduled Hours.
- You can distribute these scheduled hours into weekly intervals, as needed.
- Next, go back to the Resource Allocation > Tasks tab to view the distribution as line items.
Note: CORE does not change the original date range on its own. So you need to edit the original entry for the end date based on your new distribution, say change the month to a weekly interval.