I charge my clients a flat fee in addition to the hourly billing. Can I add that flat fee to the hourly invoice in Core?
In Core, this can be achieved in the following way:
- Open the Projects screen and create a separate project (or create it as a phase of the existing hourly project).
- Set the project's Contract Type as Fixed Fee. Check Create Projects from Scratch or Add Project Phases for details, depending on your preference.
- In the detail view, enter the project description in the Memo field.
- Next, go to its Rules & Contacts tab and add the rule 'Show memo on invoices'. Save all the project information. Check Assign Rules to Projects for details.
- Finally, open the Invoices screen and create a joint invoice for the hourly and fixed fee projects so that they end up on the same invoice. Check Combine Invoices for details.